Tuesday 19 February 2013

Mr Bettys Big Day

Yes, another birthday in our family this week.
Mr Betty has reached the ripe old age of 29 (ouch).
I was really struggling for a present idea, he is so tricky to buy for. For obvious reasons I bought him some David Beckham undies. I might lock him out of the house in them and create the advert moment ;)

I chose to treat him to an 'experience' and hopefully create some great memories and let me tell you,
we have just had the most amazing day!!




Mr Betty and the Harris Hawk

Mr Harris Hawk. We walked him, brilliant!



Mr Betty with Dennis, the most loving owl in the world.





I cannot tell you how enjoyable this was.
We learnt so much about the birds of prey, learnt how to care for them, train them.
I paid for a private 2 hour session, really good value and I was along as a viewer. I did get a cuddle with Dennis of course.

Here is a link for the falconry centre.  http://www.valeroyalfalconry.com/
I am considering taking Littlest for his birthday too.

Thanks for reading. x

12 comments:

  1. Wow well done - what a great present! Amazing memories that will last a lifetime. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love owls in this house Emma, what a great present! Last year I held an owl that snuggled up to you like Dennis ... she was called Cuddles xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Magical. I want a cuddle with Dennis too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab treat...I can't tell where Mr Betty's hat ends and Dennis starts :) happy birthday Mr B xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mr Betty has to remove his hat at one point. The hawk lady was worried that the bird might think it was a bunny. Ha. X

      Delete
  5. what a super fun idea and day !! A good job the head was not mistaken as a hat by a golden eagle or similar as we might of seen some para gliding too !xXx you do do lovely blogging Mrs BETTY ! X

    ReplyDelete
  6. augh!i have a bird phobia so that all looks a bit scary for me!glad u had a great day though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that's not too far from us either - might take hubby for an owl day. Thanks Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a brilliant idea for a birthday pressie! I'd LOVE to do that - especially the cuddling an owl bit!!! :-)
    Carly
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it ... a fab birthday present ... can't get over the owl giving a cuddle ... Bee xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow what a fabulous and brilliant birthday present such a great idea. Happy birthday to your husband, dee x

    ReplyDelete