Monday 15 July 2013

My Vintage Village Purchases and more

Oh  my goodness, life is good!
The sun is still sunning, my son has survived 4 days at Wakestock and yesterday I was 'Finder of the Fair" at the Vintage Village.

If you are a regular reader of my blog you will have heard my Vintage Village tales many a time before. In case you do not know of Vintage Village and by god you should, here is a link to Vintage Village at Stockports victorian market hall.

My 'Finds of the Fair' will be on their website very soon and I am most pleased with my summery themed selection.
If it wasn't for the fact that I am travelling abroad this week for my family jollies, I probably would have bought the lot!!

I did, of course, purchase a couple of things.

this handy (or footy if you like) stool which perfectly matches the one I showed you here
these stools work in great harmony with my Ercol chairs. I couldn't have my feet arise whilst Mr Bettys size 9s are on the deck could I!!

maybe needs a cushion....I wonder if I have any fabric?

such a great birthday card, I will save it for someone special






I just love these wired vintage headbands. great for bad hair days or even better on good hair days.
As you can see above, I bought another 3 from here


And here are a few other nice things

car boot find, I just love vintage wooden jigsaws
I have displayed it on my new/old sideboard that is getting fuller by the day


a brilliant new fabric discovery in the form of the offcuts of vintage skirts and dresses
30p a bundle from Retro Rehab, Oldham Street, Manchester
thanks for the tip off girls




and lastly but not leastly is my instant collection of Vintage Fisher Price people (and dog)
goodness me, I have been coveting these for a while, unwilling to pay online auction prices
anyhows, cut a story, car boot, 50p the lot
i was highly amused when an IG friend suggested that they made up a very good Fisher Price version of the Village People

Have you had any good finds of late, been to any good fairs, car boot sales?
I love seeing what people have bought home!

Remember to pop over to the Vintage Village link and check out my fair finds.
Thanks for reading. x



9 comments:

  1. Very cute vintage goodies! And cute hair bands too! :) have a great week! xo Holly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely finds. I haven't been out treasure hunting for a couple of weeks and am definitly suffering withdrawal symptoms. M x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great finds - I love the hairscarves too! Jx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I remember the Fisher Price people, when they were like that (they seemed to grow enormously after that, and didn't fit into the old stuff) ... We had one that looked just like our eldest son when he was in a silk, complete with cap and freckles!

    Lovely finds ... Have a fab week

    Claire xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sure I had the dog with my A frame fisher price house when I wss a child.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooh hairbands, I'm loving mine at the moment too! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous finds and that hairband looks fab ~ Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it all - I've been to a couple of good carboots lately and had to stop myself from buying the bluming lot!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the fisher price people! Although I'm sure I had them when I was little so I'm concerned that that makes me vintage too!

    ReplyDelete