Monday 1 January 2001

Thrifty Thursday and a very pink tea wagon.

Not a great deal of thrifty finds for you. I think I am ruining the chance of a great Thrifty Thursday by revealing my finds prematurely. Ho hum, I cannot stop my giddy kipper ways.

This green rack is going to go on my outside wall to be filled with little herb pots. I am so keen for spring to arrive.




Job for Mr Betty and his trusty drill.

I also found this sweet little coaster and napkin set, they are 'off to the fair'.




I would like to keep them but I think they actually should be used at a party, martini perhaps?

I am going to now mention something that I haven't actually thrifted but it is one of those things that plays on your mind.....should I have bought it? should I go back and get it?





There it is, sat in the window at Oxfam, missing it's little spool cover. The man in the shop said he could make me a little metal cover for it but he seemed a little crazy so I cannot be convinced on this one. It will probably keep me awake tonight (not the crazy man, the sewing machine).

Jane bought a lovely sewing stool, well it was not lovely to begin with but she has done a marvellous job of up cycling.




This will be at the fair
On Sunday.

I finished my tea wagon last night, a miracle might I add given the evening I had, school disco 5-6.30 then football training 7-8. I am so chuffed with it and would like to thank jane for the inspiration.






I will use this at the fairs for display purposes and then happily bring it home after to use for housey things like cake and tea. How nice.

Remember how I mentioned the draw here
. The kitties will be conducting the very technical draw on Monday. Please feel free to enter between now and Monday to win the retro Staffordshire pottery jar.

Just a quick snap of the aforementioned kitties who are now actual terrorists living amongst us.




They may look like little angels but trust me when I tell you this, they are a mini gang of vagabonds with terror and destruction on their minds.





Look at him trying to look angelic.....you don't fool me little fella!

2 comments:

  1. love love love it, I think I might need a pink one now I've seen yours :) Well done, you did a great job and love the little accessories x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jane. Spray paint rocks!
      You defo need a pink one. X

      Delete