Sunday 2 September 2012

Car booty.

Hello!
I have surprised myself on this drizzly grey Sunday.
Even though I was out/up late last night (and had a few beers), I still managed to get up and on the road at only a bit gone 7. I managed 2 car boot events before the clock struck 9.
Since then I have been cleaning (treasure), eating egg on toast and drinking coffee like it is going out of fashion. It was rather chilly willys!

Would you like to see my treasure?
























1) vintage cuckoo clock including pendulum,key and instructions
2) retro desk calendar (Mr Betty already has a yellow one)
3) 2 x 1970s annuals
4) the most amazing retro scales, never been used and boxed
5) vintage vanity case
6) turquoise gaydon melamine jug and Staffordshire soup bowls (I got six + saucers)

I also got, with a blanket in mind, a basket of wool.










Paid £1 for all the wool and I am going to set to work on my blanket after another cup of coffee.
Exciting times hey;)

I will be back tomorrow with a new wish list....
Thanks for reading. X

- Posted using IPad and half my brain.

13 comments:

  1. What a haul!

    Cant wait to see what you make with the yarn.

    Helenxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! Best car boot finds ever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to have a vanity case just like that! Love the clock, does it work?
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Liz
      Yes, the clock works. I love it and I am currently deciding if it is a keeper or not.
      Could be difficult to party with.
      Emma xxx

      Delete
  4. I wish you have passed a nice day.Keep it up:)
    Parking eye

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great buys.We had a good morning at the boot sale too.X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, just stopped by from vintage sheet addict, great car boot finds. going early is a good idea! nice to meet you Heather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Heather, nice to meet you too :)
      I am going to pop over to your blog right this minute.....cup of tea at the ready!
      Emma xxx

      Delete
  7. Great finds "the early bird catches the...." I love the bathroom scales, as a seventies bride (the first time round) I was given the same ones in blue/mauve to match my duck egg blue bathroom groovy man!!
    Well done you
    Thea x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh Betty ... love the vanity case, been looking for one for ages! It's true what they say, the early bird definitely catches the worm! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want that Hornsea Bird !
    Wait till you see the treasures I got from a garage sale. They are for a project I will be working on next year. If I say 12 hammers and 6 pair of pliers would that get you wondering. haha
    My two kitties arrived this morning and are gorgeous. Thank you so much Emma. I'm well on my way to sorting my Christmas presents this year.
    Lynn and the Doodly Bird Store

    ReplyDelete