Friday 14 September 2012

Mr Bettys Retro Ride.

Hello!
Mr Betty has a new car.
He has actually had it for about a month but yesterday saw it 'on the road' for the first time, possibly, in many years.
He loves it.





Check out the tartan interior. Very special.
Look at it's many dials and it's radio/cassette player. Where did I put my old mix tapes??





It has windy windows......good for bingo wings.
Carpeted doors, very cozy.




Loving the red go-faster stripes.




And apparently it has 16 valves.
Mr Betty plans to race it with middle son as his co-pilot. I think co-pilot could be the wrong wording but I don't know much about the world of motorsport so it will have to do.

I have yet to be taken for a ride....
I wonder if it is good at pulling Sprite 400 caravans?

Back tomorrow, back to ' me stuff'. Could involve kitties.

Tonight I will mostly be reading my new book, My Cool Caravan.
Thanks for reading. X

Btw, it is a 1979 Vauxhall Chevette HS

- Posted using IPad and half my brain.

4 comments:

  1. Love it!
    I bought a 16 year old Bongo Friendee camper recently and it has a cassette player. A rummage in the drawer of doom unearthed an old mix tape so I've been singining along to Marillion and Garry Moore for the first time in 25 years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I learned to drive in one of these, and passed my test on the first attempt so have very fond memories of them! My driving instructor put a sticker of James Hunt in the back window, so when reversing around a corner all I had to do was line up James' handsome face with the apex of the curve and voila - a test-perfect strategy!!

    Helenxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. gosh - haven't seen one of those in a looooong time! love the interior. My Cleggy bought a new car last week - I keep finding him sitting in it on the drive!!! (sado)
    fee x

    ReplyDelete
  4. My dad had one of these in the 80's! Brings back memories of our old cars ... 2 Morris Minors in the 60's and an Austin A40 in the early 70's which we used to cram about 8 family members plus deck hairs and picnics

    ReplyDelete